25 January 2011

Packing at the last minute, and The Arrival

Turns out, step 3 in the preparation process is to DO WERK. This was what my room looked like mid-packing (or maybe this is how it always looks, you’ll never know!!!), and afterwards!

Before
After
See? WERRRRRK.

Over the past week I kept having this daydream (Daymare? DayNightmare? Eh?) where I'm all packed, I arrive at the airport, I'm ready to jet off, and suddenly everyone says "LOL! JK you're not goin' to Spain. Head back to the cornfields!!!" But now I'm heeeeeeeeere! And look, I might as well own this country already:
"Productos Dominguez"


Before I arrived in Malaga, I had a layover in Brussels. The airport was a bit of a pain in the butt; I had to go through security again, nothing was in English or marked really. I also had to literally walk to the opposite side of the airport in order to get to my terminal for Malaga. BUT, on the journey across the airport I thought I was going the wrong way so I asked an airline worker if he could help me out. He responded “Ehhh sorreee I’m new here!”

“Heeheeheeheehee it’s okay!!!” I nodded emphatically as he Europeanly walked away. Yup, I like accents now. 

I'm not even in Granada quite yet and I'm already enjoying myself. Maaaaaaan it's gonna be a good 5 months.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray Hooray! "Productos Dominguez" nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah yesss you own that country!!! lets skype ASAP. life is better when surrounded by accents.

    ReplyDelete