06 June 2011

Semana Santa 3: PRAHAHAHAHAHAH


30/6/11
I’m sitting in the Malaga airport. Said goodbye to Granada this morning. Even worse, said goodbye to my sweet Spanish Mother Inmaculada. I’m going to miss Inmaculada’s laugh. The heavy but high pitched chuckle accompanied by shoulder heaving and her large hands readjusting her glasses. I’ll miss hearing her shuffle along the corridor in her slippers, running to answer the door while yelling “QUIEN EEEEEEEE(S)?”. Oh, I’ll miss her food. I vow to never eat another Spanish tortilla unless it’s hers because nothing else even compares. I’ll miss her stories…65 and still living a life of full activity. I definitely hope to be as wonderful and vibrant as Inma when I get to be that age! Ahhh...

So many goodbyes. But that is for another blog post…this one is for PRAGUE! Aka Praha(hahahahha). It’s literally been over a month since I’ve been there, but looking back at my pictures really gets the memories flowin. We arrived late on a Wednesday night, exhausted from the bus ride. It must have been 10 or 11pm, but it might as well have been broad daylight based on the number of people that were out and about!! Insanity. Our hostel could not have been better located, literally a 2 min walk from the city center. There were a lotta young people and just a good vibrant atmosphere. What did I not like? The stairs. Yes, there was also an elevator, but you don’t wanna be That Guy who doesn’t like taking stairs…especially after the way I had been eating so far that Spring Break. The 4 of us shared a room with two Spanish-speaking guys who were super cool and generous so it was awesome to meet them!

We woke up the next morning to catch the Prague free tour…where I saw BRITTANY!! Ahahah we hadn’t planned to meet in Prague but I’m glad it worked out that way. The tour was super good, we had one of the best NewEurope tour guides I think I’ve ever had. I really knew nothing about Prague, just that everyone I talk to says they effing love it. Turns out there's a crapload of a variety of architecture and history there. Also turns out a buncha movies are filmed there BECAUSE you can get all these different styles of architecture and thus fake cities in one metropolitan area. Man I remember it being HOT out. Actually, our whole vacation was super warm. Thank you weather.com for prompting me to bring lots of pants and heavy shirts. I guess I shouldn’t complain that much…although I will say I have a disgusting tan on my feet from wearing one pair of flats pretty much the entire time. And those tans don’t go away too quick. 

Tour pictures:
An example of pretty architecture

Charles Bridge

Me, Molly, Shivani and Becca at the Astronomical Clock
ANYWAY so the tour was fun, and we decided to do the pub crawl that accompanies the tour for that same night. LOTSA fun! As you’ll see in this first picture, the entrance to the first place we drank had a buncha coffins set up. No, it wasn’t some sort of Czech Halloween. If I remember correctly it was actually just that they had filmed some sort of unimportant little thing there. Regardless, we took advantage of it. Ha super fun night, with lots of great girls and interesting guys…

Coffins!
Me and Brittany
Cool chick we met (oops dont know her name) Becca, Me Molly


The next morning we decided to explore Prague Castle, which was a bit of a walk across the river, up a large Spain-like hill, on the other side of Prague. This was all especially rough given our night before. BUUUUUT it was worth it! We explored the castle and got awesome views of Prague and it was all prettyyyyyy. I took advantage of one cathedral with a royal looking staircase to pretend that I was a queen:
After the castle we took a quick stop to the Lennon wall which was super cool, and low and behold BRAD PITT WAS WAITING THERE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 
"IN TYLER WE TRUST"

Exhausted and delirious, we went back to the hostel and passed out in order to get some rest before the night. Shivani and I had not gotten enough of the pub crawl…so we decided to do it again, HA! Another fun night, AND Brad Pitt followed me AGAIN!

Our last day we relaxed, did some shopping, ate some chocolate, ate some cinnamon sugar covered pastry things, became depressed after trying to get Mac n Cheese at KFC only to find out they don't have it, etc. Then in the afternoon we made our way to the airport, said goodbye to Becca who was taking a bus back to Denmark (:'() and made our way back to Spain. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It had been a really good Spring Break with perfect weather, awesome girls with which to be accompanied, beautiful, interesting cities, and best of all, I had a tan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment